A well-made muffin is like a warm, fluffy hug. What makes them even better? Weed! Our weed muffins are quick and easy to make and are a great way to get high whether you’re on the go or at home.
If you’re looking for a new edible to make and get high from, weed muffins are a great and delicious option.
Let’s see what ingredients you need to make these delicious snacks and what you need to learn before making cannabis-infused muffins.
What are Cannabis Muffins?
Weed muffins are cannabis-infused baked edibles made to medicate better and deliciously.
Edible cannabis is a good option for people who don’t like to smoke or vaporize their cannabis but still want to feel the effects of the plant.
That being said, the high from edibles take a bit longer to kick in, but after around an hour, you will be rewarded. Edible highs last longer and kick in uniquely, providing more potent effects.
For more information on how edibles kick in, check out our guide, ‘How Long Do Edibles Last? – A Guide To Dosing‘.
Things to Know Before Cooking Canna Muffins
If you’ve decided to make marijuana muffins, there are a few key things to understand before you get started.
One of the most important is knowing what decarboxylation is and how it factors into creating cannabis edibles.
There is a difference between activated and non-activated cannabinoids, and without decarboxylation, your THCA won’t convert into activated THC.
In other words, your edibles won’t get you high!
Decarboxylation requires heat and activates the compounds in cannabis which is why eating raw cannabis won’t get you high.
Knowing which cannabis strain you are using is also highly important to understand what kinds of effects you’ll feel. Some strains will give you uplifting feelings while others are more relaxing.
Generally speaking, indica based strains will be more relaxing while sativa strains are uplifting. Hybrids will usually fall somewhere in the middle of the two feelings.
Look into the cannabis strain you choose and research a bit about the terpenes commonly found in the strain for a more comprehensive understanding of the potential effects.
When making your canna muffins, the amount of weed you use will depend on your cannabis tolerance level and what you intend to use the edibles for. For this recipe, we recommend 14 grams of cannabis to 1 cup of butter for the batch of muffins, but you can add more or less depending on your tolerance level.
What You Need to Make Weed Muffins
To make this recipe, you’ll have to use the right amount of dried cannabis for the potency you want. On top of that, you’ll need the regular kitchen items required to make muffins.
You’ll also need a variety of dishes to do the baking itself. Having a large, medium, and small bowl on hand and muffin trays, spatulas, mashers, and other baking tools is extremely helpful with this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups bananas mashed, about 3 small bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup weed butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarse raw sugar (turbinado sugar)
How to Make Marijuana Muffins
Once you have your ingredients collected together, weed butter created, and all of your cooking tools laid out, you’re ready to begin making your batch of muffins.
If you choose to use 14 grams of marijuana in your cannabutter as we recommended, each muffin in this recipe will have around 25mg of THC.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper or foil muffin liners into your muffin tray. Alternatively, you can grease and flour 12 muffin tin cups, so they don’t stick to anything when baking.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, use a masher, the back of a large spoon or a fork to mash the ripe bananas.
- Add the egg, milk, melted marijuana butter and regular butter to the mashed bananas and mix with a large spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in the bowl until just combined. Do not over mix the flour mixture. Add in some ground cinnamon for an extra kick of flavour if you wish to.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the coarse raw sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without cake crumbs (melted chocolate is OK). They should come out with a golden brown colour.
- Let muffins cool on a wire rack, and they are ready to serve once they reach room temperature. If you plan to freeze your muffins, cool them completely before wrapping and label them for storage.
Weed Muffins – Warm and Infused Goodness
If you’re looking to make your first-ever cannabis edibles on your own, making a muffin is a great way to go.
Without any of the marijuana infusion involved, muffins are a simple baked good to make, so they’re the perfect first step to venturing into creating edibles.
They’re also versatile in the ingredients and flavours you can pair together so you can make something to match whatever your taste is and what you like to eat. You can enjoy them as a breakfast item for a wake and bake or as a THC dessert later in the day.
That being said, if cooking is not your prerogative, there are also other options for you.