What Cannabis Milk is & How to Make Cannamilk
What goes better with a plate of Sugar Jack’s cookies than a cold and refreshing glass of cannabis milk? Cannabis milk, also known as cannamilk, is exactly what it sounds like. It’s milk that’s been infused with weed!
Cannabis-infused dairy products aren’t a new invention. Bhang, a traditional Indian drink made by infusing weed paste with milk and other beverages, has been consumed for centuries. Hemp milk, an offshoot of cannabis milk made with hemp, is also consumed by holistic health circles worldwide for its myriad benefits.
However, you can’t get high off it as you can with cannabis milk, which is the main objective anyway, right?
With that being said, let’s get into the meat of the matter: how to make cannabis milk with our 3 step cannabis milk recipe. Ready to get started? We are!
What is Cannabis Milk? What are the Benefits of Cannamilk?
Before we get into the recipe, let’s dive into the benefits of cannabis milk and the many ways you can use this dairy infusion!
For starters, cannabis milk is extremely versatile. If you’re a cannabis chef or an infusion innovator, this cannamilk can be used to create everything from cannabis ice cream and mashed potatoes to weed smoothies and scrambled eggs!
The best part? It only takes a maximum of two hours to create it! This means if you start cookin’ in the afternoon, you can have full cannabis spread by dinner time!
Even if you don’t fancy yourself as a chef, cannabis milk can be drunk as is for a smooth and easy dosing experience. So without further ado, let’s learn how to make weed milk!
How to Make Cannabis Milk
Learning how to make cannabis milk is easy, but it’s important to keep the following tips in mind.
Firstly, the cannabis decarboxylation step can be a pungent experience. While an essential step, the process could cause your house or dwelling to smell strongly of weed! Remember to check with your housemates, landlord, or community for the all-clear beforehand!
What You’ll Need
- One Ounce of Dried Cannabis
- 4 Cups Whole Milk or High Fat Milk
- Cheese Cloth, Coffee Filter or Fine Mesh Sieve
- Start by decarboxylating your cannabis in an oven. Preheat your oven on low heat (240F/115C) and evenly spread coarsely ground cannabis over a sheet of aluminum foil. Allow your weed to bake for around 40 to 60 minutes, or until lightly golden-browned. If you have AVB on hand, you can skip this step entirely.
- Place 4 cups of whole milk in a saucepan on low heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir in your AVB or decarboxylated weed. Gently simmer for 60 to 90 minutes while stirring continuously, making sure the mixture doesn’t come to a boil.
- Once the milk is infused, it should turn a light green or olive colour. Strain through a fine cheesecloth or similar sieve and allow your cannabis milk to cool.
Endless Possibilities with Cannamilk
Compared to the other cannabis infusions available today, cannabis milk is perhaps one of the most versatile. Able to be used in countless dishes, beverages, and desserts, weed milk can not only take your weed game to the next level, but it’ll also get you ridiculously high!
If you want to experiment with the recipe yourself, try replacing whole milk with another high-fat milk like coconut milk. THC needs fat to bind to, so any kind of milk or liquid with a high-fat content will work perfectly!
Or, if you really want to get blasted into space, try dunking a Sugar Jack’s Cookie into your infused milk! The taste (and high) will be incredible! However you choose to enjoy your cannabis milk, we hope that this article helped to inspire your inner chef.